During and previous to the four previous Wings events, there has been a nominated charity supported by the event with money donated from the “drop in cafe” and awareness through activity, therefore:
We are pleased to announce that our The WINGS2014 Supported Charity and Program Partner is
Why have we chosen ShelterBox?
- ShelterBox has a global reach and impact, additionally the Shelterbox organisation has existing relationships with Scouting and Guiding
- What we do could have a visible impact – a complete shelterbox is £590 – if at the end of WINGS2014 we are able to donate a number of Shelter Boxes how cool would that be?
- They have run or taken part in UK events with and without scouting
- They are willing to work with us at WINGS both in the central area and as part of a program zone
- Working with ShelterBox will fit well with the WINGS theme of ”Discovering Together” and would allow us to involve countries from all over the world
- We build them into the pre-Wings experience and partner all the way through
What is a ShelterBox? What is a ShelterBox Tent?
Where has ShelterBox worked?
In light of the situation in the Phillipines at the moment, WINGS2014 are putting up a seperate link page now – Due to the scale and nature of this disaster, needs will constantly change and they need to be flexible and adaptable in their response. They may send ShelterBoxes, but may also send pallets of tents, water purification systems and mosquito nets, depending on the need. this will enable their response to be more effective for this disaster.