The Wings Experience
When? 2 – 9 August 2014
Where? Windsor Great Park, Berkshire, UK
Who? Guides & Scouts 10 – 18 years of age
What made WINGS 2014?
- Incredible location in Windsor Great Park with views of Windsor Castle
- Amazing opportunities to take part numerous programme zones, including age specific programme zones, evening programmes and much much more
- Socialise with Scouts and Guides from all over the World in our unique “Squircle” central space which includes international showcase, shops, food, cinema, stages, radio station and more
- Camp together in 5 amazing sub camps with up to 6,000 participants and Unit Leaders
- One of a very limited number of jamborees where the cost includes food – no need to shop offsite, it is all provided!
- The WINGS Challenge Awards – designed to test, encourage and stretch everyone who achieves these unique awards only available at WINGS
- UK Units will have the opportunity to be partnered with an International Unit before, during and after the event – the aim is to grow international relations, provide programme opportunities and build international friendships
- Group home hospitality for International Units
- International support to assist Scouts and Guides coming to WINGS, including visas, travel and equipment
Here is a taster of what WINGS 2014 offered:
Challenge yourself! Survival zone, team challenges
Enhance that experience! Activity zones for all sections and some with a focus on age group
Get wet, go wild! Water activities at new venues
Discover together! Girlguiding and Scouting solutions to global issues; influence beyond WINGS
Imagine that! Perform and create
Reach out! To a community and life beyond WINGS
Entertain me! Evening programme across three dedicated venues, something to cater for everyone!